Skip to content
- Constantia: a very pleasant surprise for a lazy afternoon, if you are not planning on going too far away. And don’t forget Cape Point Vineyards either, in Noordhoek!
- Stellenbosch: over 150 wineries… and some top restaurants as well. I am very happy to give you some advice to help you make a selection if desired!
- Franschhoek is the gourmet capital of the Western Cape, with top winehouses and restaurants – the French roots are very present here, not only in name giving. Nice to know: French Huguenots brought their own vines when they escaped France in the 17th century, and gave the town its name.
- Paarl: together with Stellenbosch and Franschhoek the holy trinity of wine-tasting towns.
- Hermanus, with treasures in ‘Hemel-En-Aarde’ wine route, and Elgin offering very typical and unique wines due to the height elevation and the cooler sea breeze.
- Last but not least Cerderbergen, Route 62 with Tulbagh and Robertson, and Swartberg… these are must-do’s in a Western Cape tour.